On September 7, 2021, a Modification Project to the Official Mexican Standard PROY-NOM-181-SCFI/SAGARPA-2018, Yogurt-Denomination, specifications physicochemical and microbiological, commercial information and test methods, was published in the Official Gazette. The purpose of this Modification Project is to review and update the following sections or data from the Official Mexican Standard published on January 31, 2019:
– Terms and definitions.
– Products classification.
– Physicochemical specifications.
– Allowed and optional ingredients.
– Labeling requirements.
– Use of images on the label.
– Commercial information is required for imitation products.
– General aspects of the conformity assessment procedure.
– Authorities that will carry out the verification or monitoring of its compliance.
– Regulatory references.
The deadline to comment is 7 Nov.
Need help on submitting comments on this regulation? Get in touch with RegASK’s experts.
Contact RegASK for more details Read more