Starting October 1st, 2021 all Pre-Packed Food for Direct Sale (PPDS) (including pre-wrapped sandwiches, fast food that is already packaged before a customer places their order, and supermarket items such as cheeses and meats from a deli counter that are already wrapped and ready to be served) need to comply with the new allergen labelling rules.
The list of allergens are:
- cereals containing gluten – including wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan), rye, barley and oats
- crustaceans – such as prawns, crabs and lobsters
- molluscs – such as mussels and oysters
- tree nuts – including almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamia nuts
- sesame seeds
- sulphur dioxide and sulphites (if they are at a concentration of more than ten parts per million)
Contact RegASK to know more about UK regulation changes. Get in touch with RegASK’s experts.
Contact RegASK for more details Read more