On the last 27th of December 2021, the National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) announced that starting from January 1st, 2022, the electronic registration certificate for cosmetics will be introduced as a trial.
The NMPA highlights the following important points:
- Starting from January 1st, 2022, electronic registration certificates will be issued for special cosmetics and new cosmetic raw materials whose registration has been approved in accordance with the “Administrative Measures for the Registration of Cosmetics”.
- From May 1st, 2022, special cosmetics registration certificates for approved renovations or amendments will be issued in electronic format.
- The electronic registration certificates and the hard copy (non-electronic) registration certificates have the same legal status. The electronic certificate however incorporates the possibility of instant delivery, as well as SMS reminders, certificate authorization, scan code verification, online verification, and network-wide sharing. The registrant shall correctly use and properly keep the electronic registration certificate. Frequently asked questions about electronic certificates can be found in the “FAQs about electronic certificates” column in the online service hall.
- During the trial period, the electronic registration certificate and the hard copy registration certificate will be issued in parallel. When a paper registration certificate for special cosmetics and new cosmetics materials is issued, the electronic registration certificate will be automatically sent to the online office of the legal representative of the registrant (domestic responsible person). The registrant (domestic person in charge) must first register and authenticate in the online service hall of the State Food and Drug Administration, enter the “My License” column in the online service hall, and view and download the cosmetics electronic registration certificate. You can also log in to the “China Drug Administration APP” to view and download the electronic registration certificate.
- The timeline for the formal implementation of the cosmetics electronic registration certificate will be announced in further communications.
Contact RegASK for more details Read more