In line with the measures to deploy the Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability (CSS), the European Commission (EC) has opened a public consultation on the revision of the Regulation on the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH).
The revision purpose is to align the regulation of chemicals/cosmetics in the EU chemical with the Commission’s ambition for safe and sustainable chemicals and a high level of protection of health and the environment while preserving the internal market.
The EC invites relevant stakeholders, as well as any interested citizen or organization, to provide feedback on:
- Revision of the registration requirements, including increasing information requirements and establishing the obligation to register polymers (the building blocks of plastics);
- Introduction of mixtures assessment factors;
- Simplification of communication in the supply chains;
- Revision of the provisions for dossier and substance evaluation;
- Reform of the authorization and restriction processes, including the extension of generic approaches to risk management and the introduction of the essential use concept; and
- The revision of the provisions for control and enforcement.
The consultation is open until mid-April 2022.
Contact RegASK to get prepared for potential cosmetics regulatory changes in Europe.
Contact RegASK for more details Read more