The Singapore Food Agency (SFA) is seeking feedback on the draft Food (Amendment No. X) Regulations 2021, deadline is July 2, 2021.
Summary of the amendments:
– Permit the use of new food additives and ingredients
– Extend the use of existing food additives
– Revise the maximum limits for heavy metals in food to be in line with international standards.
Examples of additives and standards listed in the draft:
– Rebaudioside D, E and AM
– Steviol glycosides (the extend the use of existing additives)
– Including revised ML for heavy metals in foods
Reach out to RegASK to identify the potential impacts of regulations on your products and ways to mitigate them.
Contact RegASK for more details Read more