The Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code (TGAC) was amended in November 2021 by the Therapeutic Goods (Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code) Instrument 2021. The transition period has ended and all advertisements directed to consumers must meet the latest version of the TGAC from 1 July 2022.
To assist companies and publishers with compliance the TGA has updated and released guidance documents covering:
- Part 4 – Mandatory statements and other required information
- Part 5 – Additional requirements for advertisements about particular therapeutic goods
- Part 6 – Testimonials and endorsements
- Part 7 – Samples and incentives
- Part 8 – Restricted Representations
- Part 9 – Price information
The added information is provided as Word and PDF documents via links on the landing page (website provided above). Guidance for other parts of the TGAC will be updated soon. Once completed, the entire guidance will be provided in a single document, “The Australian Regulatory Guidelines for Advertising Therapeutic Goods.”
The landing page covers information on many advertising compliance scenarios and includes examples.