The UK’s Food Standards Agency have published their latest guidance to help food businesses meet labelling requirements for prepacked for direct sale (PPDS) food. This is in preparation for 1 October 2021 when food products will be affected by the introduction of allergen labelling for prepacked for direct sale foods. The guidance states that it should also be read in conjunction with the retained EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation (EU) No 1169/2001 and the UK’s Food Information Regulations (FIR) 2014 depending on what UK nation the food business operates in.
The guidance covers:
- The legal labelling requirements across the UK,
- What food businesses should include on a food label,
- How food businesses should present a food label,
- How food businesses should produce a food label,
- And, the legal responsibility for food businesses in regards to food labelling.
Please note that businesses operatering out of Northern Ireland are bound by the Northern Ireland Protocol since the UK left the EU, therefore EU law will continue to apply.
Reach out to RegASK to identify the potential impacts of regulations on your products and ways to mitigate them. Get in touch with RegASK’s experts.
Contact RegASK for more details Read more