BPOM has published the second draft for Food Claim on Label and Advertisement.
Example of new rules in the draft:
- List of allowed claims for foods for infants and young children;
- Criteria of intermediate foods which allowed to have claims;
- Vegan claims (no animal origin and needs to be proof by DNA analysis);
- Functions claim for sweeteners (isomaltulose, xylitol, sucromalt);
- Gluten (free and low);
- Details form for new probiotics and their new claims.
The new regulation when finalized shall replace BPOM Decree No. 13 Year 2016 on Food Claims.
Contact RegASK to know more about regulation changes in Indonesia. Get in touch with RegASK’s experts.
Contact RegASK for more details Read more